RRule, or Recurrence Rule, is another syntax used to specify recurring events. It is defined by several properties:
FREQ= ; INTERVAL= ; UNTIL= ; COUNT= ; BYxxx= ; WKST= ; RDATE= ; EXDATE=
- FREQ: Defines the frequency of the event. Possible values are
- INTERVAL: Defines the interval between each
FREQ. For example,
FREQ=DAILY;INTERVAL=2means the event occurs every other day.
- UNTIL: Defines the date-time after which the recurrence rule stops. For
FREQ=DAILY;UNTIL=20231231T000000Zmeans the event occurs daily until the end of 2023.
- COUNT: Defines the number of occurrences at which to stop the recurrence.
FREQ=DAILY;COUNT=10means the event occurs daily for 10 days.
- BYxxx: Defines specific instances for the recurrence rule.
BYxxxcould be one of the following:
- WKST: Specifies the day on which the workweek starts. Possible values are
- RDATE: Defines the list of dates to be included within the repeating dates. These dates can be a date-time or just a date.
- EXDATE: Defines the list of dates to be excluded within the repeating dates. These dates can be a date-time.
FREQ=DAILY;BYDAY=MO,TU,WE,TH,FR means the event occurs every